Saturday, February 4, 2012

Love Yourself More Today

I have been in a bit of a funk lately. I have constantly been thinking negatively about almost every situation I'm in. I knew I needed help.

I came across a this blog www.galadarling.com and it has completely changed my perspective and thoughts. Gala Darling, the writer of the blog, is this amazing women who is exactly who she wants to be.



She promotes "The Radical Self Love Project". The first thing Gala asks readers to do, is write in a radical self love bible and list at least 100 things you love about yourself. Things so simple as: I can clean a car like no one else, I have a "don't worry about it" attitude, I am compassionate, I love to make others smile. I'll be honest it's been hard to come up with things I LOVE about myself.

As I started out with the list I began to realize that I wrote down things I didn't know if others would agree with. I wrote down "I AM KIND", and I had hard time believing it. I know I haven't been kind lately.

The dictionary describes kind as:

kind 1  (knd)
adj. kind·erkind·est
1. Of a friendly, generous, or warm-hearted nature.
2. Showing sympathy or understanding; charitable: a kind word.
3. Humane; considerate: kind to animals.
4. Forbearing; tolerant: Our neighbor was very kind about the window we broke.
5. Generous; liberal: kind words of praise.
6. Agreeable; beneficial: a dry climate kind to asthmatics.



So even though I knew deep down I was indeed kind, I had to remember what that word actually means and start deploying this "kind" person I wanted to be. To rekindle some of those lost qualities. I think that's exactly the purpose of the 100 things I love about myself list. Simply to think you are these things and you will be.

So if you need a little self help, I would encourage you to explore her blog and soon you too will love yourself.

This link in her blog is 10 really easy ways you can love yourself more today - http://galadarling.com/article

 I especially love #6

 6. Evaluate what you’re feeding yourself… & I’m not talking about food! I regard all the media we consume as like food for the soul. What you really have to ask yourself is whether the television shows, movies, music & art you indulge in are enhancing your life or detracting from it.
I love trashy reality television as much as the next person — hell, I could name every America’s Next Top Model contestant in history! — but I know that watching it is detrimental to my life & to my existence. It’s all just drama & nonsense & it perpetuates so much negativity about body image. Maybe this sounds a bit far-fetched, but if we’re the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with, surely the TV we watch & the music we listen can be just as influential!
By the way, my definition of what you’re feeding yourself includes the people you associate with online! Are there a few people on Facebook who simply update so they have an outlet for whinging & complaining? What about that dude on Twitter who hates his job (& wants everyone to know about it)? Do you read blogs by women who talk incessant shit about other people? It’s time to cut these people out of your life. You won’t miss them, I promise!
 from www.galadarling.com




1 comment:

  1. Krissy, this post touched me....brought tears to my eyes. I wish you could see yourself the way I see you. Thank you for being so honest and forthcoming with how you have been feeling. I am totally going to check out Galas blog. I am going to try the 100 list.

    ReplyDelete